The Pasadena Police Department in Los Angeles, CA, is looking for passionate and motivated people who want to protect and serve their dynamic, magnificent, and eclectic town.
Pasadena Police Department
The Pasadena Police Department was built on a foundation of community service and proactive problem-solving, with a focus on equity and personal engagement.
By listening with respect, being personable, and responding unflinchingly to the problems faced, the Pasadena Police Department strives to safeguard and create a safe environment for residents and organizations in Pasadena.
Pasadena is an excellent area to work as a police officer because it is large enough to provide a diverse range of assignments and opportunities while remaining small enough to make you feel like you are part of a great, cohesive team.
Reasons Why you should Consider Moving to Pasadena, CA
- The weather in Southern California is beautiful all year.
- Beautiful views of the steep San Gabriel Mountains to the north.
- There’s a lot of culture here, as well as some fantastic eateries.
- There are several beautiful parks and food markets to visit all year.
- An hour’s drive from the seaside or winter skiing in the mountains
- Technology and science scion
Salary: $75,218 a year
Job Type: Temporary
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posted: A Month Ago
Summary of the Position:
The Police Trainee position is a temporary position that is available while joining a training center. You will then be sworn in as a police officer after having completed the police academy. The ideal applicant is the one who is dependable, fair, socially fit, persistent, and has professionalism and leadership abilities.
Key Job Duties/Responsibilities:
As a Pasadena police trainee, you will be required to respond to incident reports and follow up to assist in the investigation of crimes. Speaking with victims and witnesses, seeking for evidence, researching what happened, making arrests, and interviewing detainees are all possible options.
Typical responsibilities of a police trainee include:
- Interrogating alleged offenders
- Making declarations
- Creating and keeping up-to-date criminal reports
- Gathering evidence for the prosecution
- Providing testimony in court
- Developing positive interactions with the general public
- Areas are patrolled by foot, bike, motorbike, and automobile.
- Arresting and processing suspects
- Taking action in the event of an emergency or an accident.
- Providing information and reassurance to the general public
- Offering criminal prevention tips
- Keeping an eye on traffic and crowds.
- In stressful situations, maintaining the peace/mediating
Please be aware that anyone hired by the City of Pasadena must be properly vaccinated against COVID-19 before beginning work. Applicants are encouraged to acquire a free vaccination at a desired location or at one of Pasadena’s walk-in clinics.
As part of the post-offer pre-employment physical screening, a candidate’s immunization status will be evaluated. Medical, disability, or genuinely held religious beliefs may qualify for exemptions from the required vaccination policy.
Please fill out a job interest card if you are interested in a future career as a Police Trainee with the City of Pasadena. A job interest card is necessary since it allows the hiring managers to contact you when the application procedure is available in the future.
GET YOURSELVES ENROLLED ASAP!